Thursday, March 18, 2010

Not exactly the pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow!


Corned Beef: $7.04

Cabbage: $.99

Potatoes: $2.29

Onions: $.75

Time spent preparing: 20 minutes

Time spent cleaning up spilled meat juices between the stove and counter: 30 minutes

Time spent cooking: 4 hours

The look on my hubby's face as he gagged on his first and only bite: priceless!

7 comments:

  1. HAHA, love it! You're too funny Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily, Don't worry too much- Barton has always had trouble with good manners. Now Barton, MIND YOUR MANNERS!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like my husband LOL. I don't understand why because I am such a great cook! I am like right up there with Martha. J/K But every time I make a dinner in a pumpkin for Halloween well lets just say he is a funny one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!! Gotta do it at least once. Steven suggested we have corn beef and cabbage this year and I said NO WAY! (We would both eat it...but It wasn't worth the work when I knew the kids wouldn't. That's why we went with our green meal and it probably saved us on the green! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww! Meat juice is the worst! Barton's picky? He missed out, it looks great. We love corned beef n cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had corned beef and cabbage, but it looks wonderful! Should I give it a try? Barton would obviously say no ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only eat Corned Beef and Cabbage if you like the taste of salt flavored cotton candy stuck to a green scotch brite pad!!
    -Bart

    ReplyDelete